Published: 25 June 2014
New Certification Programme Owner (CPO) Applications
A certification programme shall be considered to be a 'new applicant' if the certification programme has:
- not previously undergone GFSI benchmarking,
- been previously recognised by the GFSI, but has had its recognition withdrawn.
Find out more information on whether your scheme would be eligible for submission to GFSI here.
Application for Re-Benchmarking or Extension to a Scope of Recognition
A certification programme is considered to be a 'Re-Benchmarking' application if the certification programme is:
- applying for a new scope of recognition,
- seeking a change in extension within an existing recognised scope, which does not represent a significant change to the certification programme governance or ownership, the management system or key elements.
Extension of Scope
A certification programme is considered to be an 'Extension to a Scope of Recognition ' application if the certification programme:
- has had significant change to the CPO governance or ownership, the management system or key elements, or
- a certification programme will anyway be benchmarked on the 4 year anniversary of its original recognition or
- there has been a change in the Benchmarking Requirements within the four year revision cycle, or
- there has been a suspension of recognition by GFSI
All details can be found in the GFSI Benchmarking Requirements.