Published: 25 June 2014
- Founded in 2013 -
The GFSI US - Canada Local Group has refocused to continue GFSI’s efforts in the region. The year 2017 saw the development of a new steering committee which focused on building relationships, setting structure, and writing an operating plan for 2018.
This Local Group has three main goals: implement GFSI’s global priorities in North America; build engagement and awareness among companies; and build relationships with government bodies (CFIA, FDA, USDA). There are currently eight steering committee members with active recruitment occurring to engage more fully with Canadian businesses.
What we do?
In 2019, the US-Canada Local Group is focusing on three key areas:
- Increase awareness and recognition of GFSI in the US and Canada across all segments of the supply chain
- Foster existing relationships with regulatory bodies while forging new ones in pursuit of the GFSI mission. Seek opportunities for alignment
- Regionally implement the global priorities set forth by GFSI.
Who is Involved?
Current Steering Committee members:
- Rosalind Zils- 8th Avenue Foods & Provisions
- Bob Gravani- Cornell University
- Christine Summers- Costco
- Craig Wilson as Board Liaison- Costco
- Brent Brehmer- Hormel
- Spir Marinakis - Maple Leaf Foods
- Cory Hedman- Meijer
- Mitch Gilgour- SYSCO
- Scott Stillwell as Board Liaison- Tyson
- Jorge Hernandez- Wendy's