Published: 24 April 2014
- Founded in 2019 -
The Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) has established a local group in Australia and New Zealand. The food industry in the region has a strong agricultural base, a ‘clean and green’ reputation, and a long association with GFSI through Technical Working Groups and the GFSI Conferences. The formation of the GFSI AusNZ local group will formalise that relationship and assist in establishing GFSI initiatives across the local industry, while addressing local issues.
Interest in the local group has been substantial. Fifty local industry members have expressed interest in participating in GFSI Local Group activities and working groups, including manufacturers, buyers, regulators, industry organisations, certification and accreditation bodies, and CPOs.
Read the Press Release
What we do?
The local group will focus on three strategic priorities in 2019:
- Increased awareness of the strategies and benefits of GFSI through events and education;
- Capability building for small to medium enterprises (SMEs) in primary production and manufacturing through the promotion and adoption of the Global Markets Programme, and
- Engaging with state and federal food safety authorities to promote public-private-partnerships
Who is involved?
The Steering Committee is now implementing the operating plan for 2019. It comprises the two largest regional retailers, a QSR, primary producer, and some of the major regional manufacturers:
- Alex Holt (Woolworths) Chair
- Jean-Philippe Cloquet (Coca Cola) Vice Chair
- Adrian Sharpe (Kerry)
- Beatrijs Van Liedekerke (Fonterra)
- Andrew Francey (One Harvest)
- Jennifer Crawford (Coles Supermarkets)
- Lauren Cook (Campbell Arnotts)
- Michelle Wood (McDonalds)
- Peter Leong (George Weston Foods - Tip Top)
- Jeroen Rens (LionCo)