GFSI Storage and Distribution Working Group
This group met for the first time in December 2011 to to execute the mandates specified by the GFSI Board in given timeframes.
The mandate of the GFSI Storage and Distribution Working Group is to:
- Review current best food safety practice in relation to Storage and Distribution.
- Define and develop the scope(s) of recognition in relation to Storage and Distribution and the key elements that shall be in place for the recognition of food safety requirements for Storage and Distribution by GFSI in the GFSI Guidance Document.
- Review and define the competence of auditors required to be in place for schemes applying to the GFSI for recognition within the scope(s) of Storage and Distribution.
- Review and define the duration of audits in relation to the Storage and Distribution scope(s) of recognition.
- Provide technical recommendations and advice to the GFSI Board on issues relating to Storage and Distribution in the food supply chain
Storage and Distribution Working Group Members (please note that the working group cannot accept any additional members at this time)
- Jorge A. Hernandez, Senior Vice President, Food Safety & Quality, U.S. FOODSERVICE (CHAIR)
- Rena Pierami, Division Vice President, SILLIKER (CO-CHAIR)
- David Brackston, Technical Director - Food schemes, BRC
- Bill Bremer, Principal, KESTREL MANAGEMENT
- Andrew Clappen, Vice President Quality Assurance & RA, LOBLAW COMPANIES LIMITED
- Laura Dunn Nelson, Industry Relations, ALCHEMY
- Cloeann Durham, Corporate Quality Assurance Manager, COCA-COLA BOTTLING CO. CONSOLIDATED
- Tom Fanoe, President, SALINAS VALLEY TRUCK STOP
- Bruce Feinberg, Senior Director Global Restaurant Quality, MCDONALD’S CORPORATION
- Takafumi Fujiwara, Manager, AEON CO., LTD
- George Gansner, Marketing & Business Development Director, IFS
- Donna Garren, Vice President, Regulatory and Technical Affairs, AMERICAN FROZEN FOOD INSTITUTE
- Mitch Gilgour, Senior Director, Quality Insurance, SYSCO CORPORATION
- Liese Gross, Director, Quality Systems, YUM ! BRANDS
- Kristie Grzywinski, Technical Manager, SQF
- Aldin Hilbrands, Senior Manager, Product Safety & Consumer Affairs, ROYAL AHOLD
- Amanda McCarthy, Food Certification Director, NSF-CMI CERTIFICATION LTD
- Laura McCurdy, Quality Manager, JM SWANK
- Mark Mignogna, Vice President Quality Assurance, SYSCO CORPORATION
- Laura Nelson, Industry Relations, ALCHEMY
- Leonard Steed, Head Certification, HACCP & Specialty Programs, AIB INTERNATIONAL INC.
- Lori Stephens, Director Total Quality, DARDEN
- German Suarez, Vice President of Quality Assurance, WENDY'S
- Peter Waddington, Quality Assurance Manager, ALLIED FOODS
- Kathleen Wybourn, Director Food Safety Solutions, DNV
- Richard Yudin, Technical and Environmental Manager for Fyffes, representing GLOBALGAP