On the 27 - 28. August 2014, Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) hosted its 3rd Edition China Focus Day in Beijing. On this occasion, 350 of China's top food industry leaders gathered to discuss food safety.
The Focus Day provided a collaborative platform enhancing the dialog between decision makers from both the public and private sectors as well as a tremendous networking opportunity for all players along the food supply web -- from farm to chopsticks.
Over the two days of plenary and breakout sessions -- for the first time -- local food safety professionals heard about the latest developments of the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) and the inherent benefits for their business. They also gained a better understanding of the threats and opportunities that China is facing as one of the world's leading market when it comes to food production and food consumption.
- 359 Participants with 35 Speakers which covering ministerial officials, local CEOs, industry and key stakeholders from local market
- The first time 1.5 days event in China. Feedback on the plenary and breakout format and content is positive.
- Positive increase on the delegate category from 2013 (332) to 2014 (359)
- Manufacturers: 59.6% in 2013 and 50,7% in 2014
- Retailer/Wholesale/Food Service/Restaurant: 9% in 2013 and 15.6% in 2014
GFSI China Focus Day Report
A full summary of the Focus Day is NOW AVAILABLE HERE.
Photos of the event