- Founded in 2012 -
GFSI's local group in Mexico was founded in 2012 to improve knowledge of Mexico's best food safety practices, increase consumer confidence in food safety through collaboration between retailers and food manufacturers, implement, and promote the objectives and activities of GFSI Global in Mexico.
The following leading companies in the industry integrate GFSI’s local group in Mexico:
Alpura, Alsea, Bachoco, B & G Foods, Coca-Cola of Mexico, Coca-Cola FEMSA, Danone, Grupo BIMBO, KERRY, MC DONALDS, Nestlé, Pilgrim's Mexico, Premium Restaurant Brands, OXXO, Sigma Alimentos and Walmart
GFSI's local group in Mexico is formed by four subgroups: Relation with the government, capacity building, communication and Focus day
What we do?
GFSI's local group in Mexico is currently working on the Focus Day Mexico organization to be held on November 8, and is working together with SENASICA (Mexican National Service of Health, Food safety and Agro-Food Quality) to promote food safety actions in the country, in recent months have made remarkable progress in the deployment of the strategic plan for our country. The significant advances have allowed to be recognized globally as the most active local group and has allowed, among other things, a close relationship with the Mexican Government to promote the use of GFSI standards.
Who is involved?
- Gabriela Tiburcio ALSEA, S.A.B. DE C.V.,Grupo Capacity Building
- Gerardo Cedillo del Rio Bachoco,Grupo Capacity Building (líder)
- Ulises Carrillo KERRY INGREDIENTS & FLAVOURS,Grupo Capacity Building
- Elba Tress COCA-COLA,Grupo Comunicación (líder)
- Salvador Fonseca COCA-COLA FEMSA,Grupo Comunicación
- Carmen García DANONE DE MEXICO,Grupo Comunicación
- José Aurelio Calzada Pérez PILGRIM'S MEXICO,Grupo Comunicación
- José María Pérez B&G FOODS MEXICO,Grupo Focus Day (líder)
- Jorge Enrique Guerrero Bordon GRUPO BIMBO, S.A.B. DE C.V.,Grupo Focus Day
- Anayte Ojeda MCDONALD'S MÉXICO,Grupo relación con Gobierno
- Luis Hernandez NESTLE S.A. DE C.V.,Grupo relación con Gobierno (líder)
- Paola López SIGMA ALIMENTOS S.A. de C.V.,Presidente GFSI México
- Jorge Rivas WAL-MART MEXICO,Vicepresidente GFSI México
- Eduardo Goode OXXO,TBD
- Martha Viquez Cargill,TBD
- Hector Vilches Alpura,TBD
- Stefanny Keller* Costco,TBD