Published: 24 April 2014
The work of GFSI would not have moved forward in the way that it has over the years without the dedication of GFSI Technical Working Group experts and the support of the companies they represent.
The GFSI Technical Working Groups were reconstituted from the original Technical Committee, which was formed in September 2006 and is composed of retail, manufacturing and food service representatives, as well as international organisations, governments, academia and service providers to the global food industry. In February 2009, the GFSI Board decided to restructure the Technical Committee into Technical Working Groups that work together independently throughout the year, feeding back to the entire group at the main committee meeting.
In 2015, the GFSI Board established a new governance model and rules of procedure which requires that Technical Working Groups be parity based, that they serve time-sensitive and specific mandates and that they provide priority access to CGF member companies. For more details, please refer to the GFSI Governance Model and Rules of Procedure.
Calls for participation are systematically made to all GFSI stakeholders. To receive the Calls for Participation, please make sure you are following GFSI News, emailings, LinkedIn Group and Twitter feed.
What do they do?
- These groups provide technical expertise and advice to the GFSI Board.
- These groups work independently throughout the year on a range of topics decided by the Board.
- They all come together 3 times a year to share knowledge and discuss their work. Between these face-to-face meetings, their own agenda is followed with conference calls and consultations.
Who are they?
- The GFSI Technical Working Groups are composed of technical experts from retailers, manufacturers, food service operators, service providers, standard owners, certification bodies, accreditation bodies, industry associations.
How to join a GFSI Technical Working Group?
- Any applicants must be able to commit to attending at least 2 out of 3 physical meetings per year.
Current Technical Working Groups
- Global Markets Programme Primary Production
- Global Markets Programme Strategy
- Food service/Catering
- GFSI Regional Outreach
- Auditor Competence
New Technical Working Groups