Published: 25 June 2014
- Founded in 2012 -
GFSI's Local Group in Mexico was founded in 2012 to improve best-practice sharing for food safety, increase consumer confidence in food safety through collaboration between retailers and food manufacturers; and implement and promote the objectives and activities of GFSI Global in Mexico.
Who we are?
GFSI's Local Group in Mexico is currently working on the organisation of the GFSI Focus Day Mexico, to be held on 3 May 2018. We are also working together with SENASICA (the Mexican National Service of Health, Food safety and Agro-Food Quality) to promote food safety actions in the country, and have made remarkable progress in the deployment of the strategic plan for Mexico. As a Local Group, we are proud to be actively making significant advances and developing, among other things, a close relationship with the Mexican Government to promote the use of GFSI-recognised certification programmes.
Who is involved?
GFSI's Local Group in Mexico is formed by four subgroups: government relations, capacity building, communication and Focus Day organisation.
The following leading companies in the industry form GFSI’s Local Group in Mexico:
Alpura, Alsea, Bachoco, B & G Foods, Coca-Cola of Mexico, Coca-Cola FEMSA, Danone, Grupo BIMBO, KERRY, MC DONALDS, Nestlé, Pilgrim's Mexico, Premium Restaurant Brands, OXXO, Sigma Alimentos and Walmart
- Gabriela Tiburcio ALSEA, S.A.B. DE C.V., Capacity Building Group
- Gerardo Cedillo del Rio Bachoco, Capacity Building Group Lead
- Ulises Carrillo KERRY INGREDIENTS & FLAVOURS, Capacity Building Group
- Elba Tress COCA-COLA, Communications Group Lead
- Salvador Fonseca COCA-COLA FEMSA, Communications Group
- Carmen García DANONE DE MEXICO, Communications Group
- José Aurelio Calzada Pérez PILGRIM'S MEXICO, Communications Group
- José María Pérez B&G FOODS MEXICO, Focus Day Group Lead
- Jorge Enrique Guerrero Bordon GRUPO BIMBO, S.A.B. DE C.V., Focus Day Group
- Anayte Ojeda MCDONALD'S MÉXICO, Government Relations Group
- Luis Hernandez NESTLE S.A. DE C.V., Mexico Local Group Chair, Government Relations Group Lead
- Jorge Rivas WAL-MART MEXICO, Mexico Local Group Vice Chair
- Eduardo Goode OXXO, TBD
- Martha Viquez Cargill, TBD
- Hector Vilches Alpura, TBD
- Stefanny Keller* Costco, TBD