Business Case for GFSI
Benefits for suppliers:
- Certificated companies are more disciplined, more efficient and more profitable.
- Certificated companies show equivalence of process across countries and continents.
- The GFSI recognised standards are accessible and are shared by many.
- Certificated companies will have a legal defence in place.
Benefits for retailers:
- The GFSI recognised standards provide effective shared risk management tools for the retailers brand protection and product integrity is improved.
- Certification enables simpler buying.
Benefits for governments:
- Business is promoting compliance with legislation
- Business is self regulating and is driving continuous improvement and best practice
- Business seeks to share its progress and understand concerns
- Benefits for all:
- Continuous improvement in the standards and their content
- Healthy competition between existing schemes
- Cost efficiency in the supply chain
- Comparable audit approach and outcomes
- Improved consumer confidence and safer food